Wednesday, June 3, 2009

What's Up Wednesday...

It is hump day; well we used to call it that when I worked full time. You know, middle of the week, get over the hump, it is downhill from here sort of thing. I was thinking the rest of the week will be cake… and I could get in my sewing room, maybe organize {clear a path to the machine} and sew a little. Then the husb told me over coffee this a.m. that he’d like to invite 3 colleagues and their spouses for dinner Friday night. {YIKES} I need to clean and plan a menu. It wouldn’t hurt to get some weeding done and plant the rest of my flowers. And the windows could be done too. I’d better add cleaning out the frig.

OH BROTHER!

I did manage a little sewing last night. I whipped together the last graduation pillowcase. And I worked on my Civil War Era 9 patches – I can’t wait to get that quilt done. It’s gonna be a good one! I do need to get some sewing done because the Rockin’ Bobbins meet tomorrow night. Per usual, I’ve put off my required sewing until the last minute.

Whatever…

Guess what… I went to WW and the scale was very good to me. I was down 3 pounds. This… after the Infectious Disease dinner and 3 graduation parties. I can’t tell you all the goodies I passed up. REALLY. I was so happy I sent text messages to the near world to tell them about it {now I am letting the blogworld know}. This begs the question … who am I trying to convince I can do this? The entire universe or Me?

Now, I have been giving my blog some thought. My original intention was to share my quilting and knitting projects and sprinkle in a few recipes. But I find myself blah-blah-blogging about other mundane details of my life. I know I am not that interesting, so let me offer up an apology, but for me… blogging is cheaper than therapy.

Thanks for listening!

1 comment:

Thimbleanna said...

Ah, but you'll find that everyone likes to hear the boring beauty of life sprinkled in with all the projects. Good luck with your dinner party!

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs