The painters finished painting Thursday. I took a few pictures (with my phone). I had planned to get more pictures today, but we've got a dusting of snow! As you can see, the base paint is brighter, the trim is painted an accent color, and the shutters are barn red. We are very happy with it.
Last Friday we had a plumbing problem, because isn't that when all plumbing problems begin, at the end of the work week! The husb noticed water in the basement, and dry wall damage. He called 6 plumbers before he could find one that would come that day. The plumber determined the seal was bad on the powder room toilet - that was an understatement since he could lift it off the tile floor without unscrewing any screws. He said it would be less that $200 to reset the seal. When he got in there he determined he could not reset the seal because the sub flooring, under the tile, had rotted away. He said we were lucky we hadn't fallen through the floor. He gave me the name of a handyman that could replace the sub flooring and the tile. So, our plumbing problem is now a powder room reno.
The money pit continues to earn it's name.
8 hours ago