Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Quilt Shop Hopping...

As we left northwest Iowa last weekend, the husb took me to few quilt shops.

First stop, Homespun Quilt Shop in Estherville. This shop is owned by Candy Fredericksen and was opened in 2001. It is also a Bernina dealership. I have never been to the shop before, but I have visited their booth in Chicago or Houston and made some purchases. Here is a look inside the shop.



Even the Ladies Room was full of quilts!

I loved this shop because I am a sucker for Civil War and 30's reproduction quilts. I bought 2 kits and a hand full of FQs. A pretty good start I'd say!

On to Forest City and The Quilted Forest.


This shop is owned by Shelley Robson and opened in 1998. This was my 3rd opportunity to visit the Quilted Forest, but I hadn't been here in several years. Shelley is also the creator of Pieced Tree Patterns. Remember the table runner I made my SIL 2 weeks ago? It was a Pieced Tree Pattern. Well look at all these patterns! At $3 each I could hardly contain myself.

I chose this pattern.
Okay... I know what you are thinking... I could probably make this little table runner without the help of a pattern. Well, my little 40+ mind can't remember a thing. And even if it could, it is only fair to purchase the pattern from the creator. {Jackie if you are reading this... you don't need to point out that I bought yet another version of a square in a square... apparently it is what I do!}

Moda Bakeshop fans, check this out... this is one of two displays in the store stocked with bake shop ingredients.

Every inch of the walls were covered with samples. {Hey, there is a red and white sample of the table runner pattern I bought!}


I couldn't leave without buying an Aunt Grace Charm Pack and 3 yards of this wonderful stuff. Sew Now! Sew Wow! by Alexander Henry. I've never seen this before and I had to have it... where have I been?

Shop number three was Country Threads in Garner. Who doesn't know about Country Threads? Owned by Connie Tesene and Mary Etherington, this shop and pattern company opened in 1983 in this chicken coop.

And here is the barn where classes are offered.


I bought a cute Dick & Jane kit for Eva K {Mom}, 3 Flag Day Farm charm packs, a Charlie the Cat Itty Bitty Quilt kit, and a small flag quilt kit. Good to get my Country Theads fix. As we left, Mary yelled come again from her riding lawn mower.

If you are in the Garner area they are having an Early Bird Sale Friday, July 17. 6 - 7 am 25% off, 7 - 8 am 20% off, 8 - 9 am 15 % off, 9 am - 5 pm 10% off. Saturday, July 18 is Fat Quarter Day. All pre-cut FQs: 20 for $30.

Wow... it is 10 am... do you supposed I should get dressed for the day???

Go Sew!

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs