Thursday, April 30, 2009

Time Flies... Even if you're not having Fun...

Well, that sounds pretty pathetic! It hasn't been all that bad, but time has gotten away from me.

Have I shared that the husb bought me a Smart Car about 4 weeks ago? It is really fun, really cute, and gets GREAT gas mileage. He ordered it back when gas was more than $4 a gallon. It looks like the car pictured here.
Doesn't it remind you of the cars that animals drive in the Richard Scarry books?

Okay, so last Wednesday on EARTH DAY, I went to the gym. I left the gym carrying a container of recyclables (another story in itself) and went out to my car. I noticed that something was laying in front of my car. Upon closer inspection I found... it was in fact, part of my car! Some one had backed into my NEW Smart car! And... the big bully left the scene of the crime without leaving a note. My faith in mankind is temporarily destroyed. I went home, showered and took a nap - which really didn't seem to help the situation.

Then on Thursday, our Internet connection quit misbehaving and simply pooped out. My connection to the blog world was gone. Bummer. thankfully, the husb got it back up and running on Sunday.

I track my food diary on-line at the WW site. Really nifty ... until you lose your Internet connection. And far be it for me to pick up a pencil and piece of paper and journal!!! Tracking what I ate TH - SUN was a little sketchy. And that was apparent at the scale on Tuesday with a .4 loss. Four tenths of a pound. Oh well, as long as the number go down I am happy!

Okay, so on Friday afternoon, our old "Native American" cat Grey Cloud went outside. Mr. Grey Cloud is a 12 year old, indoor cat. He has, in the last 6 months, gotten sort of skinny. The husb grew up on a farm and has this barn cat mentality, and assured me there was no need to take him to the vet. GC goes outside a couple times a day and never leaves the yard. Well, he hasn't come home. It is very sad. My Mother says he has done us a kind favor in just slinking off. I am not sure if that is comforting or not.

{SIGH}

Leave it to my friend Carolyn to put everything in perspective for me. Visit When Pigs Fly to see how her weekend went - the picture says it all. And this happened the afternoon of Prom, and she was responsible for all the food at after prom. She was also in the midst of prepping for Girls Track Senior Night. She is giving a HUGE Derby Party at her home on Saturday. And a graduation party in the works for her daughter. They've had the additional stress of picking a college and that all came to a head in the last few days. Today, it is raining and the forecast is for rain Saturday. Let's help her out by praying for sunshine Saturday. We all know the forecast will change 8 times by then!

The husb is off to Iowa City to speak at an Infectious Disease Conference at the U of I. He has been busy, busy, busy at work due to the Swine Flu Pandemic.

It is just life, isn't it?


No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs