Saturday, March 28, 2009

Sew, Sew Weekend...

I actually planned to have a sew, sew weekend, but then my dear friend Colleen enticed me away with a trip to the mall. I don't get to see Colleen nearly enough since she took a full-time job. We used to shop together quite a bit. Like my sister, she is a tiny size 4 - so it is fun to help her pick out stuff to try on. If I were her size... I would own all the clothes available in a 4 (Amen?)! She helps me shop as well. Today she facilitated in the acquisition of a red trench coat - I have dreamed of having one since last spring. I also landed a cute Fossil purse to match, of course, and... on sale. Oh happy day! I can and will sew tomorrow.

The Rockin' Bobbins are working on a 9-patch block swap. I'm a girl that LOVES a nine patch. Here are some of my blocks (per usual... my photo skills are lame... sorry). A couple months ago, Juna brought an awesome antique quilt for show & tell to quilt group. The Rockin' Bobbins all wanted to reproduce the quilt, so each month we are bringing 2 sets of 12 nine-patch blocks to swap. I have done a little sewing ahead. The original quilt had the 9-patch blocks set with snowball blocks made of double pinks and shirtings. With any luck I can feature this great project in the future with pictures of finished quilts.

Oh yeah... my friend Elaine gave me that little antique sewing machine in the picture. It is 1 of 3 she gave me. Am I lucky or what!!!

It just started to thunder, lightning, and rain here in central Indiana. My friend Nancy, from Iowa, let me know it is snowing there. We are supposed to get snow tomorrow. I have beautiful reminders that it is spring in my backyard.


No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs