Friday, March 13, 2009

Finished Knitting projects...

Well, it is time to talk about one of things I REALLY intended to talk about on my blog... knitting. I have a few finished, but weakly photographed projects to share, finally.

Before Christmas, I took a hat class from Jane (the best teacher ever - I took the sock class from her too) at The Village Yarn Shop. I went hat crazy. I can be a little OCD when I learn a new trick. (Amen?) Almost every family member I have recieved a hat from me. Here is one of three hats I made for my brother Sean's sweet daughter, Emerson. She is my God-daughter and I plan to spoil her rotten. She just learned to walk and had a little mishap with a table, hence the boo-boo over her eye. Her Mom, Karen, worries she'll have to pencil in her eyebrow. Sean is a Bear's fan, so she is dressed like a little Bear's fan.

My good friend Ellen, has an obviously aggressive soccer player for a daughter - Julie. You go girl! Well she did go... down... and didn't come up with out a compound fracture and surgery. Ouch! She is now sporting a full arm cast on her right arm, and will have that replaced with a shorter cast. I tried to think what I could do for her... bake cookies, buy her toe socks or flannel sleep pants. I couldn't come up with anything different - her Mom has many thoughtful, loving friends. Then it came to me. I had just finished my socks, why couldn't I knit her a Cast Cozy. Afterall, I have a crafty reputation to uphold! I knew Julie would appreciate this fun and different accessory. So, I asked Julie for her favorite colors and had Ellen take a few measurements. I bought some delish Cascade Superwash in blues and greens and using a rib 2 x 2 pattern I knit the length of her forearm.

A while back, I fell in love with Brooklyntweed's
(Jared U R A Superstar!) Noro Striped Scarf. I had to whip one up so I made myself a Wisdom Poems Striped Scarf (on the right). I used 4 skeins of Wisdom Poems in 2 different colorways. I was so happy with that, I made a Gedifra Striped Scarf (on the left) using a blue version of their Fashion Trend Stripe. For this project I used 4 balls of the same collorway. The blue scarf is for my SIL Karen - she reminded me that she did NOT get a hat...sorry, I hope this makes up for it! Anywho, I am a little addicted to this pattern and plan to try other self striping yarns. Thank you Jared for the inspiration!


For Valentine's day, my sister Jeanne sent me a fun kit from Wild Fiber Designs - the Get Looped Scarf. She saw this scarf while shopping at Wild Fiber, a lovely knit shop in Galena, IL. She wanted this scarf for herself. So while I was on my retreat a few weeks ago I whipped it up for her.

Jeanne also sent me some yummy chunky pink yarn. I knit her this scarf to go with her white winter coat.

In case you are wondering, Jeanne also sent me a really cute Moda Charm pack that I think she intended me to keep for myself. She included coordinating fabrics too :: SA-WEET!

I'll end this here, but I do want to give a shout out to Carolyn & Mary for the yummy dinner they brought over last night. And thank you Cheryl for the fun card and pretty candle. I am a girl blessed with fab friends! God bless you all!

XOXOXO

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs