Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Catching Up...

Okay, so I've been trying to catch up a little after visiting my Mom and sister Jeanne last week. First of all, I found it extremely hard to travel last week without making stops at Starbucks for a latte to go. So once, I substituted Micky D fries - not a smart choice! Needless to say I sheepishly avoided Weight Watchers last night.

I attended a WW meeting with my Mom and her pals a week ago Monday. They all go to a pizza joint after the meeting! Then, maybe because I was along and it was a special occasion, we went to Dairy Queen! Are you getting a clear picture of what happened to my diet last week? I have very little will power - and Jeanne is a size 4!

Since being home, I have experimented a little with the 6 Week Raisin Bran Muffin recipe. The recipe as given makes thick, sturdy, scone-like consistency muffins. My friend Nancy loves coconut, so she added 1 cup to the recipe and gave it the thumbs up. I mixed up a batch the other night and doubled everything - except the box of Raisin Bran. I also used wheat flour instead of white. These muffins are a little cakier. I plan to make the next recipe with plain Bran cereal and dried cranberries or blueberries. I also want to try subbing applesauce for oil. The original recipe counts as 2.5 pts on WW. If you try the recipe please comment and let me know.

I am back at being a super good WW today. I went to the gym this morning with Mary and Carolyn. OH the pain. I sweat my be-hind off (I wish!) and told my trainer Matt I am swearing off Mojitos (also subbed for lattes last week).

It is a gray day - although the sun seems to be trying to make an appearance. Perfect day for knitting and sewing and catching up on laundry. I hope to have project pics for you tomorrow.

Good day!

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs