Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Muffins...

I was lucky enough to see my cheery friend Sue this morning. She is busily painting and prepping for new carpet for 2 rooms in her house and I told her I’d help her move furniture. I went over, and moved a few books from one room to another, and then she fed me delish muffins. Who has time to whip up muffins when they are in the midst of remodeling???

Sweet Sue shared this little secret with me… for these muffins, you make a big batch of batter. Once made, the batter sits happily in your fridge for up to six weeks. All you need do is scoop out enough to make your muffins for the day. Only need one or two muffins for your breakfast? Perfect, just scoop out that much and cover the rest to have another day. Have company for a few days? Make warm muffins each morning. I can't think of any time that isn't perfect for one of these delicious and wholesome muffins… especially since they are just a preheated oven and a scoop away!

So here I am again, sharing a recipe, and a sweet tip from Sue.

Raisin Bran Muffins

6 cups raisin bran cereal (I use the entire box)
2 ½ c plain all purpose flour
2 cups buttermilk
1 cup sugar
½ cup oil
2 eggs, beaten
2 ½ t baking soda
1 t salt

In large bowl, mix well, all ingredients. Refrigerate overnight. Next morning, stir well and bake as many as needed in greased muffin pan for fifteen minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean in a 400° oven. Store remaining batter tightly covered in refrigerator for up to 6 weeks.

Tested Recipe Revisions: Double all ingredients, except the Raisin Bran cereal. Substitute wheat flour for the plain all purpose flour.

Approved by the Charlie Allen Taste Testing Foundation.

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs