Saturday, February 14, 2009

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY

The house is quiet this morning and I am thinking of baking sugar cookies for my little family. Okay... let's get real... I am a Weight Watcher thinking of baking sugar cookies and eating at least 1/3 of the dough.

In celebration of this day of love, I'll share with you a sweet & easy recipe for no-roll sugar cookies that my friend Becky shared with me years ago.

Becky Home-ecky No-Roll Sugar Cookies
1 c sugar
1 c powdered sugar
1 c butter or margarine
1 c salad oil
2 eggs
4 ½ c sifted flour
½ tsp cream of tarter
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp salt
Sugar or nonpareils

Place sugar, powdered sugar, butter/margarine, and salad oil in large bowl of electric stand mixer and beat until light in color. Add the 2 eggs and beat to combine. Add remaining ingredients and beat at a low speed. Refrigerate about 2 hours. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Roll dough into walnut size balls. Roll in sugar or nonpareils (sprinkles!). Place on greased cookie sheet and slightly flatten with the bottom of a glass. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. This recipe makes about 60 cookies.

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs