Thursday, September 17, 2009

It's a Sickness...

And I’ve got it bad. The first symptom presents itself  as you find yourself on your laptop Googling “Knit Dishcloth Patterns” for hours. Then a week or two later you have this…

It’s not all that bad. Aside from the obsessive compulsive desire to make these little goodies non-stop, you end up with the satisfaction of completing something {anything} and some nice hostess gifts for your non-knitting friends. It is also a great way to test different stitch patterns and use up that cotton yarn you've hoarded collected in your stash.  {Are you buying any of this?}

I am finishing up my 3 Button Shawl.  I was worried about my button hole, but upon further inspection of this picture, mine looks the same.  Exactly the same, I did not vary from the lovely red Cascase Venezia bulky yarn used in this sample.
I purchased this pattern and yarn at The Yarn Basket while at the Lake Okoboji last summer. Check out this cute shop...
... and no, that is not my car parked as close as you can get to the front door.  Probably some other desperate knitter.  Anywho, the plan {read validation for purchase} was to make the shawl for my skinny {only} sister but then Eva Kay {Mom} spotted it. Won’t they be surprised if I just keep it for myself?

So… whatcha working on?
 

1 comment:

Thimbleanna said...

Hahaha -- maybe you need to see the Dr.??? But they're all SO pretty -- don't stop!!!

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs