Friday, August 14, 2009

Do you know Jane?...

I moved from Iowa to Indiana about 9 years ago. To keep in touch with my quilting friends in Iowa, my new quilting group in Indiana participated in block exchanges with them. First we made 9 patches. Next we exchanged leaf patterns with black backgrounds. Then... someone suggested we exchange Dear Jane blocks.


This is why I ask... Do you know Jane? I apparently was less familiar with her than the other girls in IN because I was the only one ridiculous enough to say YES. The girls from Iowa made a chart and month by month we picked 2 blocks. I always tried to pick anything that resembled a 9 patch or could easily be paper pieced. I avoided the applique blocks and tried to leave those for my friend Theresa. I can't remember if we had 6 quilters participating, but needless to say the first block I made of every set, I kept. My quilt will be truly primitive!

At quilt camp held at Theresa's in July, Jackie showed me this...

there is more...

and more...


Yes... Jackie has her top pieced together and is working on the border. I {and this is where this post gets really lame} on the other hand have mine in a plastic box among the bazillion UFOs in my sewing room.

Someday {definition:: an indefinite date in the future}....

1 comment:

Thimbleanna said...

Ohmygosh! You have all those beautiful blocks in a box? You must get them pieced - SOON!!! ;-)

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs