Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Not my UFO...

A while back {ok... a year ago} my BFF Pam asked me if I could finish a project for her.  It wasn't her UFO, but an unfinished quilt given to her as a wedding gift from her mother-in-law.  The top was completed and some hand quilting was even done.  With Pam's blessing I gave the quilt to my favorite longarm quilter.  When the quilting was complete I {let it sit in my sewing room long while and then} added the binding to finish the project.

Last night I took the quilt to Pam.  She was sooo happy to have it done.


As you can see, the quilt was country blue and rose.  Pam and Brian will celebrate their 27th anniversary next month.  It took more than a quarter of a century to finish this project.  I feel like I have participated in something monumental! 

Happy Anniversary Brian & Pam!

1 comment:

Thimbleanna said...

Wow! What an awesome friend you are!!! Ahem. I have a few UFOs ... I'm sure I'll be in your area SOMEtime this fall ....

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs