Monday, January 9, 2012

I am a Late Bloomer...

On so many levels... I am a late bloomer.

FIRST of all, HaPpY NeW YeAr... a little late.  Prince Charles just went back to school and I feel like I can finally get organized and begin to hit the new year running... a week late.  Resolutions?  I am keeping them simple....
Simplify, Organize, Finish.

SECONDLY, I have joined the rest of the universe and signed on to Pinterest.  All my friends kept asking me questions about it {assuming I knew}.  I kept denying the opportunity to spend more time on-line.  Then my friend Cindi asked me if she could borrow my Cricut fonts to make Subway Art for Christmas gifts.  I was forced to admit I did not know what Subway Art meant.  She said, "you know what it is... it is all over Pinterest".  Okay, so I do know what it is, I just did not know that it was called Subway Art.  Feeling just a little bit out of the crafty loop, I finally accepted an invitation and I am in...100%.  No more bookmarking ideas, I just pin them and can easily organize and view all that inspires me.  And I keep telling myself this falls under my resolution to Organize.  Right?  Now you can

Follow Me on Pinterest 

THIRDLY, my cell phone is on it's last... leg.  I am struggling with what to get as a replacement.  My current phone has served me well.  It is however, a stupid phone, as opposed to the Smartphone everyone else is carrying.  I just don't want to become a slave to an upgrade.  It is hard to make it through a dinner out, or casual conversation without someone whipping out their pocket computer.  I don't want to becaome that someone, and I know it will be hard to resist.  I discussed this issue with my son and he said "Mom, you probably don't need a Smartphone at your age".  Oooooh... what's a girl... or oldish woman to do?

2 comments:

I'm gonna tell Mom! said...

Ok. You got me. Pinterest just won out over the vacuuming I should have been doing!! But what fun! The dog hair will still be here tomorrow....
kim

Thimbleanna said...

Oh, a girl would definitely get an iphone and show that young whippersnapper a thing or two LOL! I just switched from a blackberry to an iphone and I Love it. I know just what you mean about being out to dinner or wherever and I try really hard not to look at it when others are around (unless, of course, we need it to tell us something important -- they're so amazing to find the answer to a question that we might have in a converstation.) You can blog. You can pin. You can smartphone!!! (And then we can play words with friends LOL.)

I'm already enjoying following you on pinterest!

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs