Friday, September 23, 2011

Getting Organized...

People often tell me, "You get SO MUCH done".  But the truth is, there is a lot I don't get done.  And I don't clean up after myself.  And after a while my sewing room looks like this...
I would show you the rest... but it is just more of the same.  There is a path to the sewing machine.  I can't even tell you how many years ago I started the quilt on my design wall.  All the blocks are done, it just needs to be sewn together.  Apparently I like making blocks, not quilts.  I should be wearing the scarlet letters "UFO".  So shameful.

Hold the phone, don't call Hoarders to bring in the camera crew.  My friend Theresa came to visit with the purpose of helping me clean my sewing room.  She says she is doing it because I helped her with her daughters graduation party last May.  I definitely got the best part of that deal!

Check this out...
cutting table {with a few UFOs hidden beneath the table}

 Kit storage  (I have an obscene number of kits)

Fabric Storage {and a stack of UFOs in the corner}

Sewing table {the label maker is still on the sewing table}

I should have included a picture of the floor.  Sew CLEAN!

One of Theresa's daughters is getting married in May.  Maybe I could help her out, and she will return the favor by helping me tackle my closets. {AKA booby traps}

2 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Hahaha -- I think that's a GREAT swap! I'd be afraid to let anyone into my sewing room though -- hubby had a fit when the furnace guy had to go in there this morning. Anyway, your room looks GREAT now!!! (Oooh, and I spy that pretty pink bolt too LOL!)

I'm gonna tell Mom! said...

Let me know if she needs extra help in May. My dining/sewing/spinning/weaving room is starting to look like your 'before' sewing room!
kim

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs