Saturday, June 19, 2010

Gardening...

After Charlie left for Germany, and Mom went home, I was feeling slightly blue so I took my friend Carolyn's advice and walked around my garden.  We've had a lot of rain, sunshine, rain, sunshine... so the garden is thriving.

The birds can take a bath among the hosta.

There is a bench at the far end of the garden.  It is home to an antique teapot filled with impatiens.

My hydrangea is blooming.

The Tri Color Beech tree is striking.

My herbs are thriving.

My window boxes are overflowing.

And thanks to my friend Ellen, a watering can sits nicely by the front door.

I'd like to take all the credit for the yard, but this year the husb worked endlessly in the garden to prepare for the graduation party. 

After an inch and a half of rain overnight, the sun is shining in central Indiana.

4 comments:

LaurieJ said...

Everything looks gorgeous Anne! Love the Birch.

LaurieJ said...

Oops, I meant Beech!

Elaine said...

Can I have Brad come do my landscaping? This is freaking gorgeous! I just looked at my birdbath sitting among a bed of dead flowers, what a difference. Is Charlie still abroad? Are you ready for the empty nest? I can hardly deal with the fact that Anna is starting to look like a grownup instead of a child, just refuse to think of when she really will be grown up!

Elaine

Thimbleanna said...

Your yard is gorgeous Anne! I'm ready for all this rain to end for awhile. I guess I shouldn't complain though -- it beats a drought!

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs